Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Just what I need, and more important, what YOU need

So, as Fats Waller would say, "Here 'tis!" My first foray into Blogland (can I legally use that term on this site-- I should have read the Terms of Service more closely!)...I have a few moments here before I have to move the car for street cleaning, so I'll unleash a few thoughts that I've had today upon all y'all.

(1) The Social Security battle will be ugly, and I only hope the Democrats will actually show up to debate the issue. Already, by saying that, I feel like Linus on Halloween, waiting for the Great Pumpkin to arrive.
(2) Haven't seen "Sideways" yet, but Paul Giamatti is already in my personal Hall of Fame for his portrayal of Harvey Pekar in "American Splendor," so I know what film I'm seeing next.
(3) I think George Lakoff is well on his way to getting a MacArthur (sp?) grant, if he hasn't gotten one already.
(4) Tadd Dameron is criminally underrated.
(5) What the f--- is up with the Denver Nuggets (pulling for my old hometown team-- habits die hard)? 'melo, K-Mart, Camby, Andre Miller, and 14-19 is all they have to show. Hopefully, Michael Cooper can turn it around. Earl Boykins, though, is my favorite player to watch-- in all of the NBA. 5'5", 133 lbs., and more hustle than several rosters combined.
(6) Don't ask me about the Broncos. I don't know...
(7) Patricia Barber at Yoshi's-- one of the best shows I've seen in a long, long time.

I'm Audi 5000...for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home