Saturday, January 29, 2005

Yes, that's right...papaya enzymes. Chewable papaya enzymes. Letting one fully dissolve between your cheek and gum helps relieve congestion. Learned that from "The Sinus Cure," written by Dr. Murray Grossan and Debra Fulghum Bruce. Certainly don't feel like playing a horn while my ears are plugged up. Gotta remember to keep a reserve of "Airborne" tablets on hand-- those have worked remarkably well for me. Too bad they were sold out last Wednesday at the Long's near the office...

In the meantime, just started reading "The Trouble With Cinderella: An Outline of Identity," by Artie Shaw (1910-2004). I knew I had to read it when I saw Artie in the Ken Burns "Jazz" documentary.

If nothing else, knocking off the last vestiges of my cold is giving me a chance to work on putting together my two new musical projects. I don't want to give too many details-- until I've got the charts together and the rehearsals underway, I'll feel like the guy in that old Warner Bros. cartoon with the singing frog who never performs when he's supposed to. "Hello my baby, hello my darling, hello my ragtime gal!" You know which one I'm talking about, right? I think I might be dating myself here...

Hoping my Cardinal can make it six in a row in the Pac-10 tonight. No, there's no "s" missing in that last sentence...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home