Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day, Part II

I'm about to go to my polling place and cast my votes...probably voting the straight Bay Guardian ticket, though I'm REALLY holding my nose as I vote for Jerry Brown for Attorney General. The former Governor Moonbeam now reeks of a termed-out politician looking for a new place to squat. If I felt that Brown was a slam-dunk candidate in this race, I'd probably just vote for the Green Party candidate, but I'm not sure. I am profoundly disappointed, I must admit, in Brown's tenure as Oakland mayor, for a variety of reasons... mostly, he's always seemed way out-of-touch with the needs of most of the city's residents, particularly as the violent crime rate has shot up dramatically...

Go, Ned Lamont, Jon Tester, Eliot Spitzer, Sherrod Brown, Bernie Sanders, and Ted Strickland! And that's just for starters...

We'll see about voting machines, caging lists, and polling stations that are mysteriously closed...stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home