Saturday, March 03, 2007

Return of the Blog

That's right-- I have a blog! One reason I haven't been doing much blogging myself is because I enjoy reading so many other blogs. My two favorite bloggers right now are David Sirota and Joe Bageant...two very astute political observers, to say the least.

Once again, college basketball-- I'm hoping my Stanford Cardinal can pull off a regular season-ending win against Arizona. Most commentators think the Cardinal is already assured of a berth in the NCAA tournament, but a 19-10 record with an 11-7 record in the ultra-competitive Pac-10 should seal the deal. Hopefully, Anthony Goods will return for the Pac-1o tourney and the NCAAs. I'd also like to see Carlton Weatherby, a seldom-used senior, sink a three-pointer or two in his final college home game. Maybe Chris Bobel, a senior walk-on, could even get a shot, but this matchup today should be a tough one...we'll know soon.

I'm anticipating (and working toward) some major changes in my musical existence...stay tuned, and I promise to blog more frequently than every few months.

The love of my life, Jolene, turns 33 next Friday and then takes off for a vacation in Argentina that she's been planning for more than a year. I'm glad she'll have the time off, but it will be hard to be without her. We both became profoundly aware of how much we missed each other when I was in Athens, Greece over New Year's with Jellyroll. As much as I'm happy to see her make the journey, I'll be eagerly awaiting her return...

By the way, you can catch Jolene playing with the Paper Dolls tomorrow (Sunday, March 4th) at Amnesia (on Valencia St. between 19th and 20th Streets in S.F.) between 7:30 and 8:30. This trio is most definitely worth seeing and hearing...

1 Comments:

Blogger Scoop said...

Yes!!! Love the game you're spitting.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home